Vista Home 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded WHS from Microsoft but did not get the WHS Connector CD.  The Windows XP would download from the server. I can not get the 2 PCs with Vista to work. Can I get the CD from some other place?
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 11:09 PM

All replies

• I downloaded WHS from Microsoft but did not get the WHS Connector CD.  The Windows XP would download from the server. I can not get the 2 PCs with Vista to work. Can I get the CD from some other place?

You should see 3 isos to download from Connect (the installation DVD, the restore CD, and the client CD).  You might want to check again.  Having said that, you shouldn't need it anyway.  You should install from the server to make sure you have the latest version.  Exactly what happens when you try to install it on Vista?  Are you logged on as an administrator on those PCs?  Did you try copying the install files to the local desktop and install it from there?
    Monday, September 7, 2009 12:02 AM
  • Which version is on the WHS (Settings/Ressources)? If it is pre Power Pack 1, you have no Vista 64 Support.
    Eventually click the Upgrade button in the console as long, as still new upgrades are offered after reboots.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, September 7, 2009 7:35 AM
  • I did get one of the PC with Vista to go to WHS and get the down load. So I do have one of them working. The other one is now at collage with my son. What I remember with it, is saw WHS but would not connect with it. I will have to try next time he gets home.
    I also check to see about remote access, WHS shows that your remote Web site is not available from the Internet. Do you know how to fix that? Is that something with the internet provider?

Gary
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:57 PM
  • I did get one working. The other is at collage with my son. When he get home I will try again.  Thank you.

Gary
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:59 PM
  • I have a 64 Home Premium machine and the latest version of the connection software that was updated on WHS through the normal update process.  It seems to work.  Using it now.  BTW: I copied the files from the Software folder to a thumb drive and burned a CD.  It worked on both Vista 32 and 64 machines.  
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:59 PM
  • I did get one of the PC with Vista to go to WHS and get the down load. So I do have one of them working. The other one is now at collage with my son. What I remember with it, is saw WHS but would not connect with it. I will have to try next time he gets home.
    I also check to see about remote access, WHS shows that your remote Web site is not available from the Internet. Do you know how to fix that? Is that something with the internet provider?

Gary
    It's possible.  If your ISP is blocking port 80 (the one associated with http), then it won't work.  You would also have a problem if your router is not correctly forwarding the ports to the IP address of your server.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 11:41 PM