2 accounts are rapidly duplicating; why? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got Microsoft Money Plus Premium.  Recently I started 2 new savings accounts.  Now, for some reason which I don't understand, it appears as though MS Money Plus Premium, by itself and at odd intervals, is duplicating these 2 accounts.  For example, one of them that I created is a savings account with Wells Fargo.  Now MS Money Plus Premium has created 4 additional Wells Fargo savings accounts.  In my MS Money Plus Premium's home page it looks like this:

• Wells Fargo Bank Banking
    • Wells Fargo Bank Banking #2
    • Wells Fargo Bank Banking #3
    • Wells Fargo Bank Banking #4
    • Wells Fargo Bank Banking #5

And it's doing the same thing for a savings account I've created with a credit union, although in this case there are more than 5 instances of that account.  Why is it doing this?  How do I stop it?

Rod
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:56 PM

Answers

• I suggest you go to Tools->Settings->ReceiveAccountUpdatesFromMSNMoneyMyAccounts and disable receiving updates from MSN Money.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:27 AM

All replies

• I suggest you go to Tools->Settings->ReceiveAccountUpdatesFromMSNMoneyMyAccounts and disable receiving updates from MSN Money.
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:27 AM

Cal, what will that do?  And what will I loose, by doing that?
    Rod
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:16 AM
  • You would lose the ability to get downloads via MSN Money for third party data. Since the actual fetching of that third party data via Yodlee is gone, I don't think you would actually be losing anything. You would not lose being able to get data from your broker or credit card that comes in from the institution's OFX server.

You could make the change with a copy of your file, if you are concerned that you might lose something. Or you could just File->Restore a backup if you want to undo something.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:58 AM