none
When will points totals work again? What do we need to do if anything? RRS feed

• Question

• Just checked my activity all good displays for me, my total points is not increasing.

The reason this is perhaps bothering me as I have helpful votes added. So some older points still proving useful to visitors. Means a lot to me like worth while posting as the posts sit there and will help users as time goes on. Used to notice as did notice the five points going on my account. Now nothing need to check my activity. What help will email fissues be? What is this forum for if not issues with forums?

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:31 PM

Answers

• This is an ongoing issue for almost a week now. You can email fissues if you like. The last update I got from them says "they are actively working the issue" From past experience I wouldn't hold much hope for recovering points during this period but we will wait and see what happens.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:35 PM
  • I've tested by giving you helpful vote and I don't see an increase.

UPDATE. Your points did increase. Let's hope the issue is resolved.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:17 AM
  • -Mr Happy-, has your points increased to reflect the recent activity? We cannot tell. I can tell that my points have updated today, and others report the same. We believe the issue may be resolved.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Marked as answer by -Mr Happy- Monday, December 19, 2016 6:49 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 3:28 PM

All replies

• This is an ongoing issue for almost a week now. You can email fissues if you like. The last update I got from them says "they are actively working the issue" From past experience I wouldn't hold much hope for recovering points during this period but we will wait and see what happens.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:35 PM
  • Everyone is affected by this. We are waiting for engineering to resolve the issue.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:50 PM
  • So this becomes a forum discussions not a forum issue?
    Monday, December 19, 2016 12:10 AM
  • It is an issue with the recognition system, which affects points earned in the forums, the Wiki, Gallery, and blogs. No one is getting any points for any TechNet/MSDN activity. And it is being discussed mostly in this forum.

Monday, December 19, 2016 12:17 AM
  • Points jumped in the last few hours, but may have stopped again.

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:14 AM
  • I've tested by giving you helpful vote and I don't see an increase.

UPDATE. Your points did increase. Let's hope the issue is resolved.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:17 AM
  • Yes, I just got the 5 points.

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:26 AM
  • -Mr Happy-, has your points increased to reflect the recent activity? We cannot tell. I can tell that my points have updated today, and others report the same. We believe the issue may be resolved.

• Marked as answer by -Mr Happy- Monday, December 19, 2016 6:49 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 3:28 PM

Yes my points have increased thank you. Logged this on 21,930. Can't quite work out why plus 60 and lost a few perhaps but hey ho.

Reading my OP back want to apologise for its tone, and the tone on my post yesterday. Must have been in a bad mood or something. No excuse :)

Thank you everyone for contributing on this.

Monday, December 19, 2016 6:48 PM