PP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Why is PP3 not available to download?

If I have to reinstall I don't want to have to download all those updates!

Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:08 PM

All replies

• Why is PP3 not available to download?

It should be.  What are the component numbers shown in your Console?  Did you ever install the beta version of PP3?  If so, you need to uninstall it first.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Or maybe there are some pre PP3 updates needed before PP3 is even offered.

Why not? It isn't that much work to do. It all goes rather automatic.

"kariya21 [MVP]" wrote in message news:57c4dcd2-63fe-4f69-b551-b750f1fc3299@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Why is PP3 not available to download?

It should be. What are the component numbers shown in your Console? Did you ever install the beta version of PP3? If so, you need to uninstall it first.

Have a nice day!
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:21 PM
  • Why not? It isn't that much work to do. It all goes rather automatic.

Well...
    (The most obvious reason I can think of is download bandwith? Personally I do have a 100MBit downlink 24x7 available ... but I concider myself a lucky guy ;-)

The actuall reason PP3 is not available for download is probably that the PP3 update requires a number of updates in place prior to installing.
    Using windows update is the savest way to make sure Home Server is ready to take PP3.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, July 2, 2010 10:51 PM
  • Well...
    (The most obvious reason I can think of is download bandwith? Personally I do have a 100MBit downlink 24x7 available ... but I concider myself a lucky guy ;-)

The actuall reason PP3 is not available for download is probably that the PP3 update requires a number of updates in place prior to installing.
    Using windows update is the savest way to make sure Home Server is ready to take PP3.

- Theo.

(Now seeing how I misintrepreted the OPs question)

The most obvious reason to not have a download install package is because there is no supported way to install it.

Saturday, July 3, 2010 3:20 AM
  • To "re-trigger" a PP3 install, simply uninstall "Windows Search 4.0" and PP3 will be re-offered.

--

BulllDawg
    In God We Trust

Well...

- Theo.

(Now seeing how I misintrepreted the OPs question)

The most obvious reason to not have a download install package is because there is no supported way to install it.

BullDawg
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 3:37 AM