NVIDIA n680i/650i Network Driver conflict with OneCare Firewall + 780i RRS feed

• General discussion

• Had the same problem with NVIDIA 780i and Windows 64Bit Vista. The soultion below worked. Thanks

NVIDIA n680i/650i Network Driver conflict with OneCare Firewall
    Was this post helpful ?

Thanks to Brianmcp in this thread, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2497173&SiteID=2&mode=1, for the information that has been passed on to the OneCare team for review.

Apparently, the NVIDIA driver package for the n680i motherboard network adapter causes the OneCare firewall to fail.

The driver is referred to as - NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

The driver Brian reports as working is -  NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller driver is included with Vista. ( 65.7.4.0 dated 5/3/2007 )

The driver package that causes the problem from NVIDIA's site is nforce_winvista32_15.08_english and apparently comes packaged with Active Armor Firewall.

Brian reports that the following process resolves the problem in Vista -

'Just go into Control Panel\Programs and Features and uninstall "NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager".  Reboot and you should be good to go.'

Rich reported the following on 1/16 - "I wanted to note that this issue, in my case, also affects the 650i chipset.  I have the EVGA nForce 650i Ultra 775 T1 which also exhibits this issue."

-steve

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:32 PM