BLINK will not allow Gif-Skydrive option RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Nokia Lumia 521, the last update I got for BLINK said I now had the option to save a GIF onto SkyDrive. In the app, it now shows this option when I want to share, but whenever I choose to turn it on, it takes me to the same page over and over. It says "Let this app access your info?" I have repeatedly said yes to it, but it goes back to the share options and does not turn on the GIF-SkyDrive option.

I try to click on the option again and it takes me to this same page again and again, where I say yes again and again, still does not turn it on. I am signed into SkyDrive as well as BLINK.so.cl. I don't know why it keeps doing this.

Is anyone else having these issues? Or might this be a problem with my phone? Any help appreciated, thanks!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• Sorry that you are having this issue. We have tested BLINK on the 521 and didn't encounter this issue. Would you be able to log out of BLINK.So.cl and try logging back in again and then try the Skydrive option? There seems to be some error in Skydrive validating your credentials which is the reason why it is not letting you in.
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:40 PM
  • Thank you for the suggestion, and sorry for the late response I didn't see this until today. I tried this right now, I logged back in to Blink.so.cl and tried again, this time it told me to log in to my Microsoft account again when I clicked on the GIF-skydrive option, then I got the "Let this app access your info?" again, I said yes.

Then it asked this again taking me to the same page I was just on (the "Let this app" page), I said yes yet again, and then took me finally back to the share options and GIF-skydrive option was still not turned on...

Tried it a second time, now it's just back to the same thing again, continuously asking "Let this app access your info?" and taking me back without turning the option on.

I have the Skydrive app as well, could this affect the BLINK app in anyway? Maybe not, but I am trying to think of all possibilities for this not working...(the skydrive app logs me in just fine though if that's any help)

Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:31 PM
  • I am having the same issue on a Nokia Lumia 1020. I am able to use the Blink app and upload to the Blink.So.Cl, or post links to Facebook etc. However, I get the same exact loop of selecting the Gif-Skydrive option followed by the permissions screen ("let this app"), but I am never able to export the clip as a gif to the skydrive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the skydrive and blink apps. I can use skydrive for everything else, i.e. I can transfer files, pictures and video from the phone to the skydrive (and vice versa) using the skydrive app. I can also use either the Mac computer app or access the skydrive via the web interface. The access issue is specific to the blink app. Are you able to help?
    • Edited by W8Nokia Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:56 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Just updating on my situation: I updated the BLINK app since the latest update (updated it today) and it is still not letting me save BLINKs as GIFs to OneDrive (formally SkyDrive).

I was hoping to use the OneDrive option as a backup of my BLINKs in case I need more room on the phone, and I still have not been able to do that.

Sorry I can't be of help, W8Nokia, I'm still having this problem.

I appreciate the suggestion I received as well, but so far still no luck. I'll keep trying to find some way to fix it. (retrying the same steps, maybe thinking of something else after this) My last option would be to uninstall and reinstall BLINK, but I don't want to do that as I have many BLINKs I don't want to get rid of.

Friday, March 21, 2014 4:45 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem. Today I saw a new update, so I updated my app, but it doesn't work yet. I have already lost all my old "blinks", well, they are in the web, but I prefer to keep them in my OneDrive.

In theory this option is functional since the first moment it was released, but it never works for me.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920.
    Friday, March 21, 2014 4:54 PM
  • Sorry that you are having issues with OneDrive upload. We have been testing Blinks on various phones and are yet to encounter this issue. However, this problem is duly noted and we are working on finding the issue and then the fix.
    Monday, April 7, 2014 10:57 PM