Windows installer asking for photos on whs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello members
    I have whs installed and it works well. My neighbour is taking the machine over as I change to online backup.
    The problem is; when I try to install/uninstall or update a program on my local machine the windows installer asks fore the my photos folder on the whs and without opening the shared folders the installer does not continue.
    Would anyone of you be able to help me resolve this issue?
    Thanks
    • Edited by notechyet Monday, August 10, 2009 12:49 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 12:48 AM

Answers

• Do you have Windows Vista or Windows XP? If it's Vista, you should consult the Vista forums for information on how to redirect shell folders (including your Photos folder). If XP, see the XP forums where they can help you with the required registry edits.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hello members
    I have whs installed and it works well. My neighbour is taking the machine over as I change to online backup.
    The problem is; when I try to install/uninstall or update a program on my local machine the windows installer asks fore the my photos folder on the whs and without opening the shared folders the installer does not continue.
    Would anyone of you be able to help me resolve this issue?
    Thanks

That isn't exactly a WHS issue per se, but an issue with your client OS.  There are settings in the registry on your client where default installation paths are stored (I would assume that somehow the \\server\photos path is there, although if you never had the install files there, I'm at a loss as to how why you are having your problem).  Did you completely uninstall the Connector application from your client before getting rid of your server?
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:59 AM
  • Do you have Windows Vista or Windows XP? If it's Vista, you should consult the Vista forums for information on how to redirect shell folders (including your Photos folder). If XP, see the XP forums where they can help you with the required registry edits.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:22 PM