Trying to perform SOAP actions at DataHub no success RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I'm trying to figure out how to use publish and retrieve sensor data via using the datahub web service via the supported SOAP api functions but I am getting the errors below.  I've written the steps of what I did along with a snippet of code and the error I'm getting.

1. Manually created an account on Sensor Map.
    2. Located my area on map, right mouse click, did add sensor, gave it name 'PSU Camera'
    3. Created python script with following code (with publisher info and password blanked out).
        to test using the SOAP api functions

import SOAPpy
           from SOAPpy import SOAPProxy
           url = 'http://atom.research.microsoft.com/sensordatahub/service.asmx'
           server = SOAPProxy(url)
           publisher = 'xxxx1'
           password =  'xxxx2'
           sensorname = 'PSU Camera'
           smdl = server.GetSensorDescriptionByName(publisher,password,sensorname)
           print smdl
           server.RemoveSensor(publisher,password,smdl)

4.  The above code is saved in pull.py
      5.  I run python -i pull.py
          The error I get back is
           <Fault soap:Client: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: GetSensorDescriptionByName.: >

6.  I searched for meaning of this fault and the reason I found is that this occurs when the parameters for the function don't match those of the web service.  I've double checked this and it appears I have it right (unless I'm using python incorrectly, since I'm new to it).   It could
    be I may need to use ZSI instead of SOAPy library in python.

Let me know if you have suggestions, thoughts or ideas. 

Judy

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:13 AM