none
Win7 Ultimate 32bit lost activation RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
    running in a Virtualbox VM
    has been installed, activated and running there for >10 years
    original MS full retail license bought from Amazon (if I remember correctly), which was an official MS retailer back then

The OS was last updated 2019/12/30.
    Rebooted today and the OS reported to be not activated.
    Online activation and phone activation with the genuine key failed. The key is reported to be blocked.

Anybody have an idea what the problem is?
    I guess it is not really the license, but some other problem.

Monday, March 30, 2020 3:44 PM

All replies

• And the same issue with a
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

Note that I also have 64bit versions of Win 7 Ultimate and Vista Ultimate and these 64bit versions do not show the problem.

Monday, March 30, 2020 4:24 PM
  • The problem is you have a stolen OEM SLP product key that originally belonged to a computer manufacturer.  It will not activate anymore since it was discovered to be stolen.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:24 AM
  • Who discovered how that it was stolen? I seriously doubt that anybody discovered anything here.

This looks like an error in the license server:

• Only 32bit-versions of Win7 and Vista affected
    • Problem appears just after Win7 went out of service.
    • The systems ran without license problems for > 10 years.

Probably some old script is running wild and bouncing on certain 32bit-versions.

As I already wrote: These are retail box-versions bought from an official Microsoft retailer. If product keys tell something different, it must have been a production error in the first charges. Who can tell after >10 years?

So, is anybody at Microsoft looking into the problem?
    Is there some instance where these type of problems can be addressed to?
    Or do I have to proceed with legal charges against Microsoft?

Sunday, April 19, 2020 8:37 AM
  • To be able to PROPERLY diagnose the problem, we need the FULL output from the MGADiag tool

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howtotell/Hardware.aspx#PCPurchase 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Friday, May 1, 2020 7:06 AM