CRM install - License code not compatible. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I already have CRM 4 installed on one server and trying to install it on another server by selecting the option 'connect to existing deployment'. Im getting the below error while doing so..

‘The license code is not compatible with the installed version of microsoft dynamics crm’.

I am currently using a trial version.

Kindly help.

cheers!!
    N

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:30 AM

Answers

• Only Enterprise version allow install crm on multiple servers :)
    • Proposed as answer by sl_k83 Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:15 AM

All replies

• Only Enterprise version allow install crm on multiple servers :)
    • Proposed as answer by sl_k83 Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:15 AM
  • I have previously installed an enterprise version of CRM. Due to some problems, I had to uninstall and reinstall CRM server but on attempting to reinstall with a enterprise license, I encountered the The license code is not compatible with the installed version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM error...
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:38 AM
  • If you are using the trial version you can install it on multiple servers as many times as you want. My guess is that you are trying to use the professional license key with the enterprise installation. go back to the download page and be sure to select the Enterprise key which I have copied below.

"Please be aware that you can apply a license key only for a similar or a more advanced version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. You cannot downgrade a full or trial version of the product. For example, if you apply the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Professional trial license key, you can later upgrade to either the full Professional or the full Enterprise version by applying the appropriate license key. However, you cannot downgrade the installation by applying a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server license key. Similarly, if you apply the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise trial license key, you can later upgrade to only the full Enterprise version."

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Enterprise
    Trial key (no CAL limit):
    QCKXD-BDH8R-G74H8-RDYHX-R4K4T

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9c110fd-aac8-4d2a-b401-7801b1866e82

Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:48 PM
  • make sure the key you are having is correct for that release and you have enterprise edition.

Sudhanshu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:05 AM
  • When you install on existing deployment you have to write the same Key was already instaled on old database
    Magdy
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:20 AM