Automatic Backup in Power Pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Is there any way of configuring the home server to backup changes to the shared folder automatically on a daily basis or even better, as they change?

I have moved to adding my spare HD as a slave for the backup, which means I have lost the convenience of folder duplication.

What we really need is Folder duplication, with a sensible file structure like the new backup option.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:16 PM

Answers

• No, there is no way to configure Windows Home Server to automatically back up changes to your shares. However, you can use a third party tool such as robocopy or SyncToy, both of which are free and can be scheduled.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:40 AM

All replies

•  joewalch wrote:
    Hi

Is there any way of configuring the home server to backup changes to the shared folder automatically on a daily basis or even better, as they change?

I have moved to adding my spare HD as a slave for the backup, which means I have lost the convenience of folder duplication.

What we really need is Folder duplication, with a sensible file structure like the new backup option.

You should post this question in the Power Pack 1 Beta forum.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:43 AM
  • No, there is no way to configure Windows Home Server to automatically back up changes to your shares. However, you can use a third party tool such as robocopy or SyncToy, both of which are free and can be scheduled.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:40 AM