none
Restore to a future backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

First things first, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, I apologize if it is not.

On to the topic: I have deleted some cookies/cache files from Chrome in my computer. I don't mind having to log in to every website again but I lost some things that I didn't know I would lose, and now I would like to try to recover them (specifically they were flash game data files. May seem not worth it but hey it's something personal). After looking around for a bit I couldn't find anything too useful, my last resort is to restore the computer to a previous state. However, if possible I'd like to keep my current state too (I only want those files back). Here is my idea: I have a backup from 5 months ago, I want to create another backup right now, then restore my computer to that point in time five months ago, save the files to a USB stick or an external hard drive, and then restore once again to the current state (which would be like a "future" state then). Is this possible? I'd like to know before doing it, just in case.

Thank you in advance

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:13 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Technical Queries' forum is for posts Related to technical / coding / programming related issues as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the off topic forum.

Karl

Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:13 PM