Info about products?!? RRS feed

• Question

• Please tell me-send to me a link-on my email: jumboemail  at yahoo dot com

where can I download Windows XP from msdn???- I understand

that it can be downloaded from msdn as an image and a serial,

but where?

thanks

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:28 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    • Edited by Just Karl Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:48 PM modified email address
    Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:00 PM

Answers

• An MSDN subscription is a special, and relatively expensive subscription service that provides access to various software.

From the MSDN Subscription home page: "MSDN Subscriptions act as a lifeline for software developers, testers, architects, IT professionals, database engineers, and others. They provide priority access to new and earlier versions of Microsoft products, including developer tools, operating systems, server software, and productivity applications. Subscribers can use the software to design, develop, test, and demonstrate applications on as many PCs and devices as needed, which saves a great deal of expenses on software license costs during development."

It looks like the least expensive option is $699 (US Dollars) a year.

So, I'd say it's safe to say you don't have an MSDN Subscription.

At this point, I'd suggest you ask on the "Install, Upgrade and Activate" forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog:http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book:Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for discussions and questions regarding profiles and Microsoft's recognition system on the MSDN and TechNet sites. It is not for products/technologies.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:28 PM
  • If you have an MSDN subscription, you can login here and download XP: 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/hh442898

There will be a link to claim your product key as well.

Other than that, there is no way to download XP with a serial number.

Karl

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:30 PM
  • there is a little problem that i cant resolve it for download Windows XP from msdn:

it ask me for a "Subscription Id" and "Add a Subscription";

can you explain me what does that means??? what should I do-I already have an

MSN Account, and it is SignIn when I click your link, but when I try to download

Subscription is required?!?-help pls

use

jumboemail at yahoo dot com

to contact me and help me

thanks

• Edited by Just Karl Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:08 PM modified email address
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:32 PM
  • An MSDN subscription is a special, and relatively expensive subscription service that provides access to various software.

From the MSDN Subscription home page: "MSDN Subscriptions act as a lifeline for software developers, testers, architects, IT professionals, database engineers, and others. They provide priority access to new and earlier versions of Microsoft products, including developer tools, operating systems, server software, and productivity applications. Subscribers can use the software to design, develop, test, and demonstrate applications on as many PCs and devices as needed, which saves a great deal of expenses on software license costs during development."

It looks like the least expensive option is $699 (US Dollars) a year.

So, I'd say it's safe to say you don't have an MSDN Subscription.

At this point, I'd suggest you ask on the "Install, Upgrade and Activate" forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:23 PM