Error installing CRM 2015 Report Authoring Extension RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install CRM Report Authoring Extension for CRM 2015 on our sql server. I keep getting the error "The computer is running an operating system that Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not support.  To install this product, you must upgrade your computer to a supported operating system.  For a complete list of supported operating systes, see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM documentation (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=510711)."

The link is no longer available, so I looked it up myself.  Our SQL server operating system is Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.  This is one of the listed supported operating systems.  In fact, I have ensured that all the software necessary to be in place for the Report Authoring Extension is in place.

Has anyone experienced this problem before, and what can I do to get this software installed?  It is necessary to our CRM 2013 upgrade to 2015.

Regards,

Rhonda...

Some further information: our servers are set up in a virtualized environment.  But they are set up much the same as our CRM 2013 servers.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:55 PM

Answers

• We solved this by downloading CRM2015-Bids-ENU-i386 and installing Report Authoring Extension individually.  It installed without error.  Never did work from the CRM Server installation MSI.
    • Marked as answer by Rhonda Berwick Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:14 PM