none
Locked out of my Dad's email account RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening,

My Dad passed away last January & I had been accessing & keeping his Hotmail account open.  My Mum (who doesn't know how to use the net) has me email people through Dad's account plus I keep an eye out for any correspondences. 

A week or so ago I tried to log in & was notified that Microsoft wanted verification as supposedly I was trying to log in from a new location which I wasn't).  When Dad created his Hotmail account we didn't have a mobile phone so he would have used our home phone number from where we lived.  We don't live there anymore so consequently I cannot get a code sent to verify his account.

I have tried to verify his account with as many details as I can but I keep getting messaged that I haven't supplied enough information.

You can see from your end that the account is inactive ( except when I log in to clean it up).  I can give you as much information about Dad as you want.  I can also verify who I am.  I am not ready to close his account yet & I don't want it to lapse.  Can you please help me.

Thanks...

Rob

Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:42 AM