Stream .avi from WHS2011 to Xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Media server turned On and my Shared folders in the media library set to Videos and a Shared folder called Movies.  On my 360 I select Videos then select my Home Server.

It will only show me the Videos folder not the other Shared folder named Movies.

With out drive extender I am not able to have my entire video collection in one folder.

How can I see other Shared folders that contain videos when I select Videos from my 360?

• Moved by Ken Warren Monday, August 8, 2011 12:29 PM whs 2011 question (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:06 PM

Answers

• The same exact files that showed in the Videos folder are in the Movies folder.

I checked the 360 again today and the Movies folder had appeared.  I am not sure if there was just a few hour delay but everything is working as I expected now.

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:09 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:26 PM

All replies

• Are you certain your avi files are compressed using a supported codec? Do they contain an audio stream that's not supported?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 8, 2011 12:29 PM
  • The same exact files that showed in the Videos folder are in the Movies folder.

I checked the 360 again today and the Movies folder had appeared.  I am not sure if there was just a few hour delay but everything is working as I expected now.

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:09 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:26 PM