none
application that receives algorithms as input

Question

• I'm developing a trading platform for a cryptocurrency. I'm building several algorithms, based on personal experience, college eduction or reading in books and on the Internet. I can test these algorithms on real money, with a real account. But there are a lot of risks. So I will develop a test environment were every new algorithm can be imported and tested on several time periods that have happened in the  last year. But how do I import these if the test application is finished, is it somehow possible to import classes, I have heard that it could be done using dll files. And if so, are there certain guidelines that need to be respected so it can be integrated?

So it's an application with a browse button, click on it, you search a file with the algorithm on your computer, you select the algorithm, and it uses it to run over data. That's basically what it should do. Without the need re open the project in visual studio, add the files, rebuild the project.

• Moved by Kristin Xie Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:40 AM
    Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Massie92,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.This forum is discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:40 AM
  • Depending on the language used I'd suggest asking here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral%2Cvbgeneral%2Ccsharpgeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 2:33 AM
  • A bit words of caution in the beginning for you to ponder before you continue...

Depending on how it's implemented, it may not be legal in some country. For example, some online shopping company planned to allow customers to convert their token back to CNY. As this would effectively make their token to be a "pseudo currency", their monetary officials quickly declared it illegal and force those companies to back off their plan.

Bitcoin gets away from it since no one have authority on how it's traded, there is no one to be sued.

Btw, if your program defines standard function signatures (much like foobar component is implemented), your program can load and call GetProcAddress() and see whether target binary has the function and load it.

• Edited by cheong00 Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:20 AM