"Error on Page" when viewing Activitylist in Sharepoint Page Viewer Web Part RRS feed

• Question

• I have crm installed on a 2008 server, and has upgraded it from 3.0 to 4.0. We have created some .asp files, using fetch xml method .... , and they worked as before the upgrade; except that when I click on a list item; it shows "error on page" in lower left hand corner, and the detailed screen would not launch, and when exiting the sharepoint page it pops up with a CRM error message.

I tried the same thing on my VPC image, and there it works fine.

Example:
    Add web page viewer web part, and enter address to for instance the activity list that you can copy from your outlook folder (home page url).
    Typical (in my case): http://oslas44/PGS/_root/stage.aspx?url=%2FPGS%2FWorkplace%2Fhome_activities.aspx&id=nav_activities

Anyone with relevant experiences?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:15 PM

Answers

• The error msg indicates some sort of javascript error.  So, if it's a custom page there is something in the javascrip DOM that no longer is in synch.  If you were using some of the default JS files that came with CRM, many of the parms to these functions changed with the 4.0 upgrade to enable the multi-org support.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 6:28 PM

All replies

• The error msg indicates some sort of javascript error.  So, if it's a custom page there is something in the javascrip DOM that no longer is in synch.  If you were using some of the default JS files that came with CRM, many of the parms to these functions changed with the 4.0 upgrade to enable the multi-org support.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I will check the XML file once more. The strange thing is that it works "standalone"; but as soon as I put the same url in the page viewer web part, it fails to open the detailed screen when double clicking.

I'l post back if there is a difference.

Txs.

Morten
    Monday, March 16, 2009 8:12 PM
  • Which XML file.  I think what Matt is suggesting is that "error on page" is not likely to be the FetchXML but syntax problems in the jscript.  Assumedly it's new jscript wrapped around old soap?
    Monday, March 16, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Hi, I know its been 3 years since this post, but I'm having the same problem. When CRM is contained within Sharepoint it get "Error on Page" if I click on any of the left hand navigation options, other menu options such as 'Go To' within CRM do not give an error when in Sharepoint.

Likewise when running CRM "stanbdalone" all of the left hand menu items work fine.

The detailed error is below. Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks, Tom

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
      <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
      <ScriptErrorDetails>
     <Message>&#39;top.stage.location&#39; is null or not an object</Message>
     <Line>290</Line>
     <URL>/TestSite&#47;_root&#47;left.aspx&#63;area&#61;Workplace&#38;group&#61;MyWork&#38;subarea&#61;nav_activities</URL>
     <PageURL>/TestSite&#47;_root&#47;left.aspx&#63;area&#61;Workplace&#38;group&#61;MyWork&#38;subarea&#61;nav_activities</PageURL>
     <Function>loadHomePage&#40;sAreaId, sGroupId, sSubAreaId&#41;</Function>
     <CallStack>
       <Function>loadHomePage&#40;sAreaId, sGroupId, sSubAreaId&#41;</Function>
     </CallStack>
      </ScriptErrorDetails>
      <ClientInformation>
     <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla&#47;4.0 &#40;compatible&#59; MSIE 7.0&#59; Windows NT 5.2&#59; .NET CLR 1.1.4322&#59; .NET CLR 2.0.50727&#59; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648&#59; .NET CLR 3.5.21022&#41;</BrowserUserAgent>
     <BrowserLanguage>en-us</BrowserLanguage>
     <SystemLanguage>en-us</SystemLanguage>
     <UserLanguage>en-us</UserLanguage>
     <ScreenResolution>1280x1024</ScreenResolution>
     <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
      </ClientInformation>
      <ServerInformation>
        <OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>
        <OrgCulture>6153</OrgCulture>
        <UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>
        <UserCulture>6153</UserCulture>
        <OrgID>&#123;C9C10068-FB6C-4B43-B6C6-CD4BD13706B0&#125;</OrgID>