Need a new computer & this MS Money is a big factor RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop has my Ms money on it (windows 7 pro), it has issues and probably the cost to fix vs a new similar one - i leaning me towards a new one..  MSmoney is very important to me, my first question is: should I get windows 7 or 10?? And if I get windows 10 and money won't work, anyone have a POSITIVE suggestion on a conversion to a different financial software.  It seems MS has a lot of people using money - yet this is holding us back and causing frustration....ahhhg    
    Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:46 AM

All replies

• Forgot to say, my money file is the sunset version
    Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:46 AM
  • Money versions work fine on Windows 10.

Windows 7 mainstream support ended over year ago. See Windows lifecycle fact sheet .

There are many who upgrade systems with accumulated errors to Windows 10 and blame problems recognised after the upgrade on Windows 10 instead of the pre-existing faults in their systems. Clean installs of Windows from time to time are recommended: these will clear accumulated problems, assuming there are no underlying hardware issues.

See the first post in this forum for a modification needed to Money Sunset.

Saturday, April 2, 2016 11:42 AM
  • I have been using a windows 7 laptop and MS Money Sunset Home and Business for years. I can't say enough about how great MS Money is! I have tried all the other financial programs, and nothing comes close to how well MS Money does the job for me. I am still able to update my bank and credit card accounts using ofx file downloads, and track my investments using MS Money Quotes from Gaier Software. My computer is getting older, although still works great, but knowing that I will have to upgrade, I thought the best option was to buy a new Windows 10 computer and start the transition. To start, MS Money wouldn't work, but after searching the net, I found a way to get it back up and running fine on the new computer.   http://www.thewindowsclub.com/use-microsoft-money-on-windows-10

Good luck and hope it continues to work for you too!

Dennis

Saturday, April 2, 2016 6:08 PM
  • The registry edit was only needed before the first Cumulative Update to Windows 10 in August 2015. If made, it should now be reversed.
    Saturday, April 2, 2016 6:43 PM