none
Off topic thread. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I think the encoding might make a difference.  When I email a csv, it displays better in office 365 as ansi (set-content) or ascii (export-csv), rather than unicode (out-file).  I tend to not use out-file or '>', or '>>', but a lot of people do.

• Edited by JS2010 Friday, May 17, 2019 10:35 PM
    • Split by jrv Friday, May 17, 2019 10:43 PM off-topic
    Friday, May 17, 2019 10:28 PM

All replies

• I think the encoding might make a difference.  When I email a csv, it displays better in office 365 as ansi (set-content) or ascii (export-csv), rather than unicode (out-file).  I tend to not use out-file or '>', or '>>', but a lot of people do.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.  Why are you posting about O365 issues with a mail client.   You are mailing text and not a CSV.  The issue is about a CSV and how to create one.  The answer is marked correctly.  Displaying a text file in a mail client has nothing to do with this.

Please rad and try to understand the question and answer before adding unrelated and unhelpful answers.  First learn the technology being discussed then this will be easier for you.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, May 17, 2019 10:41 PM
  • I was comparing the behavior of excel 365 to the desktop version.  And I was correct to do so.  

Friday, May 17, 2019 10:58 PM