none
Hotmail will not open attachments...... RRS feed

• Question

• Out of nowhere, my hotmail account will no longer open attachments.  No matter what kind of document it is (MSWord, Excel, PDF), I get this pop up window (vs. the normal gold bar along the bottom of the screen giving me options to Open, Save, Save As, etc.) and clicking on ANY of the options in that pop up window DOES NOTHING, so I can now no longer open attachments in Hotmail (!)  Doesn't ANYBODY out there know how to fix this??????

Original Title: What do you want to do with the GetAttachment. 

After upgrading to IE 11 and Windows 8.1, any emails I receive with attachments now show the error:Image

<button class="c-button msgReplyBtn locked disabled" data-bi-id="msgReplyBtn" style="box-sizing:inherit;color:#ffffff;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:15px;line-height:1;font-family:inherit;margin:12px 0px 0px;cursor:not-allowed;padding:9px 12px 10px;max-width:374px;min-width:120px;background-color:#0067b8;border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-color:transparent;white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:bottom;transition:scale 0.2s ease-in-out;" title="This thread is locked. You can follow the question and vote a reply as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread." type="submit">Reply</button>

<button class="c-button f-lightweight thdJoinBtn thdJoin" data-bi-id="msgVoteBtn" data-votecount="11" style="box-sizing:inherit;color:#0067b8;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:15px;line-height:1;font-family:inherit;margin:12px 0px 0px;cursor:pointer;padding:10px 12px 11px 0px;max-width:374px;min-width:120px;background-image:initial;background-background-size:initial;background-repeat:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;border-width:0px;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:bottom;transition:scale 0.2s ease-in-out;" title="Click to let us know you have the same question">I have the same question (11)</button>

<button aria-expanded="false" aria-haspopup="true" aria-label="More options" class="c-action-trigger" data-bi-id="msgEllipsisBtn" style="box-sizing:inherit;color:#006cd8;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:24px;line-height:inherit;font-family:MWF-MDL2;margin:12px 0px 0px;overflow:hidden;cursor:pointer;padding:6px 0px 8px;max-width:374px;min-width:36px;border-width:1px 1px 0px;border-top-style:solid;border-right-style:solid;border-bottom-style:initial;border-left-style:solid;border-top-color:transparent;border-right-color:transparent;border-bottom-color:initial;border-left-color:transparent;background-image:none;background-;background-size:initial;background-repeat:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:bottom;outline:transparent dashed 1px;;height:35px;"></button>

• Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Friday, January 12, 2018 10:58 PM not development related
    Friday, January 12, 2018 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for developing in VB.NET programming language only.

You need to use the following forum

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, January 12, 2018 5:40 PM
  • I'd ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 12, 2018 11:02 PM