Advanced Find - contacts with letters. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to create an advanced find that finds all contacts with letters that have a subject of Gondola, I have tried every combination, kicked my PC, none of which worked.

I would have thought a look for contacts with letters (regarding) > subject contains 'Gondola' but this doesnt work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    DTB
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:40 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, the steps you are taking are not clear to me.  However, I think the root of the issue is how the activity is added to the record.  Once you identify how the activity is saved to the record, you should be able to identify the correct filter criteria in Advanced Find to display the information you want to see.  I am not able to give you the exact filter criteria without looking at your system. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:15 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:18 PM

All replies

• I see no reason why this would not work. I have just tried, it worked fine for me. Make sure to clear all existing filtering criteria, that's the only thing I would suggest.
    Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:55 PM
  • If it is not working for you, you could reverse the query:

Search on Letters where the Subject contains or begins with Gondola.  You can add the Contact Fullname as a column in the Find result by selecting Edit Columns, Add Columns, select Regarding Contact from the drop down and select the Fullname as the column to add.

If the above does not work either, I suspect a 'letter' type activity was not created in CRM and that might be the root of the issue. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your responses.

I initially added the letters via a quick campaign and using the above method I couldnt find them.  Then adding the letter directly in the contact record and yes I can find them.

Just tried it again and it appears that the resulting letters placed in a contacts activities using a quick campaign isnt the same as one added manualy.

Is that a bug or is there now another level i need to search through e.g. add Quick Campaign (Regarding) into the search, I dont see why it should happen like that.

Once again thanks for your help.

DTB
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:59 AM
  • Unfortunately, the steps you are taking are not clear to me.  However, I think the root of the issue is how the activity is added to the record.  Once you identify how the activity is saved to the record, you should be able to identify the correct filter criteria in Advanced Find to display the information you want to see.  I am not able to give you the exact filter criteria without looking at your system. 
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:15 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Hi

I dont think its system specific and is something related to CRM as a product.

To recreate it just create a quick campaign and assign a letter to a contact called Lego, then search contacts with letters that have a subject of Lego and you want find it.  Then add a letter directly to a contact in activities called Lego with a subject of Lego and you can find it using exactly the same advanced find.

It doesnt make any sense that a letter added to a contact via a quick campaign cant be found but a letter added directly can.

Thanks

DTB
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:46 PM
  • The results you are recieving is associated with how you are searching on the record.  If you open one of your Lego letters or one of your other letters that was generated from the Quick Campaign, you can see how the related records are linked to the Letter record.  Notice that the Regarding of the Letter is set to the Quick Campaign record and the Recipient is the Contact.  If you arrange your search criteria to meet the expected conditions, I think you'll received the expected result.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:36 PM