MCPHELP email not working RRS feed

• Question

• Just passed my first MTA certification and a series of events has caused my results to not be submitted to Microsoft. Called the North America regional center for assistance and they asked me to send them an email with the results attached. Prior to calling I had tried to email mcphelp@microsoft.com just to see what the deal was but I go the result of email undeliverable recepient not found. I notified the rep of this when he asked me to email the results to them and he said it must have been an error and everything is fine.

I got off the phone and scanned and emailed the results and sure enough 2 minutes later I resceived an email saying that it was undeliverable and the recepient was not found. I have tried from multiple email accounts through different providers and receive the same message. I do not know what else to do any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi, BVana.

I just tried sending emails to mcphelp@microsoft.com using my Gmail and Hotmail (outlook) accounts.

Both attempts failed for me too!

There is a registration problem at Microsoft's email servers. I suggest you call them and tell them about this problem. Most likely they know about it already but they can still help you over the phone with whatever you need help with. Use the phone numbers on the page I recommended.

Please note that this forum is usually monitored by people earning certifications (like you and me) and not by Microsoft employees.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

• Marked as answer by BVana Monday, January 13, 2014 6:08 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi, BVana.

I was able to successfully send an email to them myself just a week ago.

Here are some tips that I have that may or may not help:

• Make sure you are not copy/paste -ing the email address, in case there are some hidden characters in the string. Type it in manually.
    • Just a thought - are you running Windows in a different language? It might be place different characters in the TO: section of your email.
    • Make extra sure you system doesn't have any viruses on it. A virus might be doctoring your emails on the way out and then causing them to become blocked by the recipient.
    • Make sure you are not sending the email from a physical location that is blocking the emails to Microsoft.
    • Try sending an email to a different Microsoft email address. some locations should use a different email address, such as email for Indian subcontinent: iscresc@microsoft.com
    • Although email addresses are not case-sensitive, try using the correct case: MCPHelp@microsoft.com Some email clients (UNIX/Linux-based) are case-sensitive.
    • I understand that you have already called them but no matter what issue you are having, you can also just call the Microsoft Certification Support staff using the contact information at the following page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx

Good luck!

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi, BVana.

I just tried sending emails to mcphelp@microsoft.com using my Gmail and Hotmail (outlook) accounts.

Both attempts failed for me too!

There is a registration problem at Microsoft's email servers. I suggest you call them and tell them about this problem. Most likely they know about it already but they can still help you over the phone with whatever you need help with. Use the phone numbers on the page I recommended.

Please note that this forum is usually monitored by people earning certifications (like you and me) and not by Microsoft employees.

Good luck!

• Marked as answer by BVana Monday, January 13, 2014 6:08 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you very much for all of your help. I will call them a.s.a.p and get it all straightened out.
    • Proposed as answer by Antony Nolan Friday, October 9, 2020 10:06 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Sure thing.

~Davin

Monday, January 13, 2014 6:11 PM
    Answerer
  • I recently experienced this problem. I called MCP and the agent sent me an email to which I was able to reply. I tried twice unsuccessfully before calling. I was able to successfully respond to her email.
    Monday, August 22, 2016 7:39 PM