Internet Explorer Slow After OneCare Install RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed OneCare and everything runs fine ...except Internet Explorer.  IE takes several seconds to open and several seconds to display any new URL. I turned off the phishing filter - but no help. I'm running XP/SP2, IE 7
    Monday, February 23, 2009 12:41 AM

Answers

• I split your post from the original location that you posted to and moved it to the Install topic folder of the forum. The original thread was unrelated and was over a year old.

To see if OneCare is the cause of the slowness in IE, try disabling the firewall and virus/spyware protection of OneCare, first together and then one at a time.
    One cause for this problem is that you are using a custom Hosts file, perhaps placed there by other security software. It can also be due to security software remaining installed and active on the PC. All other active security must be removed if you are using OneCare as multiple active protection products can cause slowness and system instability.

You may also want to try running IE without any add-ons installed - toolbars, etc. As it may be a problem with an add-on.

You can contact OneCare support if you determine that OneCare is at fault for the slowness or if you are unable to resolve it.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:27 PM