locked
OCS Phone Edition (Nortel 8540) - No call logs or VoiceMail Notification RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am running OCS R2 and Echange 2007 SP1 and don't have access to call logs or receive voice mail notification on an OCS Phone Edition device (Nortel 8540).

    I configured Exchange's Autodiscover service to use a second single-name certificate per instructions here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332063.aspx#Scenario3HowTo

    All my certificates have been issued by Network Solutions.

    Using Exchange's "Test E-mail AutoConfiguration with only the "Use AutoDiscover" checkbox selected works great and states:

    Attempting URL https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml found through SCP
    Autodiscovering to https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting
    Autodiscovering to https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml succedded (0x00000000)


    I have autodiscover.listindiario.net pointing to the second IP address assigned to our Exchange server for use with Autodiscover.

    I also have a SRV record for _autodiscover._tcp.listindiario.net priority 0, weight 0, port number 443 pointing to autodiscover.listindiario.net, in our internal DNS (also in our external DNS for all that matters).

    Internal DNS responds correcting for both entries, as does our External DNS. 

    OCS Phone is using our internal DNS servers.

    Navigiating with a browser to: https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml after entering credentials responds "600 Invalid Request", which I have heard is normal when using a browser.

    I have set the SCP to use the new internal URL using the command: Set-ClientAccessServer -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

    Running "Get-ClientAccessServer | Select Name, *Internal* | fl" on our Exchange server responds:

    Name: EXCHANGE1
    AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri: https://autodiscover.listindiario.net/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

    Everything else, calling to other OCS users, accessing voice mail, etc works fine in the OCS Phone (Nortel 8540).

    What else may be wrong???  I have been battling and Googling this issue for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to get it to work.  Any ideas would be greatly welcome!

    Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:13 PM

Answers

  • Problem solved!  After I fixed my first problem I found out of another problem.

    1st Problem:  My SMTP Primary Domain is not my SIP Domain, meaning the phone was not locating my current Autodiscover domain (listindiario.net) so I created a new Autodiscover Web Site with our listindiario.com (our primary SMTP domain) and added the needed entries in our DNS and our phone immediately found our autodiscover site, but was still not downloading call logs, voicemail or searching in outlook contacts.

    As there were no errors on our IIS logs I had to run a sniffer to find out what was going on.  The sniffer confirmed that our phones were successfully connecting to the new autodiscover server and it started communicating with EWS but failed.  Digging deeper in our sniffer results I saw that there were errors when trying to communicate securely with our EWS service.  I soon found out that apparently our SSL Certificate provider (Network Solutions) is not natively trusted by our OCS Phone.  After publishing Network Solution's Root CA in our Active Directory server and resetting the OCS Phone, everything started working correctly.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:24 AM