Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 Download RRS feed

• Question

• Why is there not a single .exe available for WHS Power Pack 2 or 3? I have my server offline and not connected to Internet and I will not connect it to download the updates. Why is there not an ISO or single .exe available for WHS Power Packs like there is for XP? There has to be a way to update power packs instead of connecting it to Windows Update. Am I the only one who finds this annoying?
    • Moved by kariya21Moderator Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:41 PM not a hardware/OS install question (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 10:10 PM

Answers

• Why is there not a single .exe available for WHS Power Pack 2 or 3?

My guess is because there is no supported method of installing them that way (it would require server desktop access which is unsupported).

I have my server offline and not connected to Internet and I will not connect it to download the updates. Why is there not an ISO or single .exe available for WHS Power Packs like there is for XP? There has to be a way to update power packs instead of connecting it to Windows Update. Am I the only one who finds this annoying?
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:40 PM
  • Actually, I have full desktop access on a Dell PowerEdge I built. I have the same access as I do Windows XP.
    Doesn't matter.  It's not supported.  I don't MS releasing an update in a way in which it would require installing it in an unsupported fashion.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:57 PM

All replies

• Why is there not a single .exe available for WHS Power Pack 2 or 3?

My guess is because there is no supported method of installing them that way (it would require server desktop access which is unsupported).

I have my server offline and not connected to Internet and I will not connect it to download the updates. Why is there not an ISO or single .exe available for WHS Power Packs like there is for XP? There has to be a way to update power packs instead of connecting it to Windows Update. Am I the only one who finds this annoying?
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:40 PM
  • Actually, I have full desktop access on a Dell PowerEdge I built. I have the same access as I do Windows XP.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:47 PM
    Doesn't matter.  It's not supported.  I don't MS releasing an update in a way in which it would require installing it in an unsupported fashion.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:57 PM