Computer Monitoring Error on Server RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

My Server keeps throwing Computer Monitoring Errors on the Server itself (so not on any of the clients). I have looked at past threads and not found a solution therein (it is, for instance, not related to the MacConnector (.MacClientUpdateCondition.Run(IActionContext context), http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2686857/en-gb)

The Alert Viewer States:
    "Some health evaluations did not complete. The imcomplete items are:
    ConnectivityFeature!InternetConnectivity: ConnectivityFeature!CertificateMissing:
    ConnectivityFeature!CertificateExpiredManualFlow;
    ConnectivityFeature!CertificateExpiredAutomaticFlow;
    ConnectivityFeature!CertificateNearExpirationManualFlow..."

From the log, I found what might perhaps be relevant:
    [10544] 140108.110533.4213: AlertFramework: Subcomponent: HealthEvaluator > Evaluation of Health Definition conditions is either hung or is taking a long time to execute
    [10544] 140108.110533.4213: AlertFramework: Subcomponent: HealthEvaluator > EvaluateAlerts: Timed out Definitions are: ConnectivityFeature!InternetConnectivity ConnectivityFeature!CertificateMissing ConnectivityFeature!CertificateExpiredManualFlow ConnectivityFeature!CertificateExpiredAutomaticFlow ConnectivityFeature!CertificateNearExpirationManualFlow ConnectivityFeature!CertificateNearExpirationAutomaticFlow ConnectivityFeature!IisConfiguration ConnectivityFeature!TsGatewayConfiguration ConnectivityFeature!FirewallConfiguration DomainManagementFeature!DomainNameConfig DomainManagementFeature!DomainNameReady DomainManagementFeature!DomainNameExpire DomainManagementFeature!DomainNameNearlyExpire DomainManagementFeature!DomainNameProviderCredentials DomainManagementFeature!DDNSUpdate DomainManagementFeature!LiveSignInAssistantExists MicrosoftMedia!WmpAxHostTask MicrosoftSecurity!WindowsUpdateDisabled MicrosoftSecurity!WindowsUpdateMissing MicrosoftSecurity!WindowsUpdateRestart ServerBackupFeature!LowSpaceOnTargetDisk ServerBackupFeature!TaskPausingOverdue MicrosoftServicing!MUOptIn MicrosoftServicing!MacClientUpdate
    [10544] 140108.110533.4233: Notifications: Information: [0] : LNx01: Source SNx03 fired a one-shot:
    Notification Category: NetworkHealthAlerts
                       Id: Raise
                   Source: notifier:SharedServiceHost.exe:p3580:mt4:1
    [10544] 140108.110533.4253: DevicesProvider: DevicesBackend.CallProxyOneWay: Error happened: System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: This channel can no longer be used to send messages as the output session was auto-closed due to a server-initiated shutdown. Either disable auto-close by setting the DispatchRuntime.AutomaticInputSessionShutdown to false, or consider modifying the shutdown protocol with the remote server.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.PrepareCall(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Boolean oneway, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.Devices.IDevicesProvider.ReportDevicePropertiesOneWay(String deviceId, IEnumerable`1 properties)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.Devices.DevicesBackend.CallProxyOneWay(Action`1 action, Action`2 callback)

[10544] 140108.110533.4253: AlertFramework: Subcomponent: DevicesManagerFacade > ReportDevicePropertiesAsync failed: DeviceId=S-1-5-21-4142299911-2264946761-488892081-1010 Error=Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.Devices.DevicesProviderException: This channel can no longer be used to send messages as the output session was auto-closed due to a server-initiated shutdown. Either disable auto-close by setting the DispatchRuntime.AutomaticInputSessionShutdown to false, or consider modifying the shutdown protocol with the remote server. ---> System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: This channel can no longer be used to send messages as the output session was auto-closed due to a server-initiated shutdown. Either disable auto-close by setting the DispatchRuntime.AutomaticInputSessionShutdown to false, or consider modifying the shutdown protocol with the remote server.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.PrepareCall(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Boolean oneway, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.Devices.IDevicesProvider.ReportDevicePropertiesOneWay(String deviceId, IEnumerable`1 properties)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.Devices.DevicesBackend.CallProxyOneWay(Action`1 action, Action`2 callback)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I would really like to get rid of this so that I can reasonably enable e-mail alerts. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind rgds,
    Umf

• Changed type Andy Qi Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Maybe the issue is a known issue, please refer to the following article, it provides the quick workaround for known issue that triggered this alert.

“Computer Monitoring Error” on Dashboard or Launchpad

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7852.computer-monitoring-error-on-dashboard-or-launchpad.aspx

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 10, 2014 11:05 AM
  • Many thanks but no cigar. I had seen that article already and my issue is not:
    - Mac connector related
    - BPA related.

It appears to be "ConnectivityFeature!" (see log above) related, whatever that may be.

Hope someone can point me in another direction...

Umf

Saturday, January 11, 2014 10:37 AM
  • Hey Umf,

Did you ever figure this out.  I'm having the same issue now.  It started as a security error and I ran the hotfix that they listed above, and then it changed from the security problem to the same exact one you describe.  I was wondering if you had any luck fixing it.

Thanks

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:34 PM
  • As a possible solution for other people:

I started seeing this error as well - turned out that apparently my ISP had "kindly" reset my router's port forwarding settings, so RWA wasn't working in my case either.

Re-Enabling the port forwarding and re-running the health assessment (it runs every 30 minutes if you're patient: if not you can find it under the "Windows Server" section of the "Task Scheduler" libraries) took care of the alert.

For quick reference - these are the required firewall ports & protocols for a "Happy Home Server":
    Web Services:
    Port 80 (TCP) - HTTP
    Port 443 (TCP) - HTTPS
    Remote Desktop Services:
    Port 3389 (TCP) - RDP
    Port 4125 (TCP/UDP) - RDPG

See the WHS Remote Access Technical Brief (Word Doc) for further explanation.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:58 AM