Edit the Word Document Which is on the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hai All,

I have a task where I need to develop a web application. This Web Application enables the user to generate a document and show it to the user on the web form. When the user clicks edit the document. The document should open in word application. And the user edits it, save the document and when he closes the word application, the changes done on the word application reflects on the web form.
    Untill now this is a Windows Form Application. But we want to rewrite it as Web application.

I have some questions.

1. What is the best way to edit the word document which is there on the server.
    2.Do we have Office Online Complete compability with MVC. So that The document on the server can be opened in Office online, edit the document and Save it back to Server.
    3. Opening Word Application from Javascript is possible? If possible I can Serialize the file and send to local.

Could anybody give some insights on this.

Regards,
    Rajesh
    Friday, May 1, 2015 4:55 PM

Answers

• Rajesh,

I believe you can use third-party components that allow viewing and editing Word files on the web page. Also take a look at the similar thread which discusses the same question.

The current forum is for Microsoft Office specific programming questions. I'd suggest asking asp.net specific questions on the asp.net/forums web site instead.

Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Rajesh,

I believe you can use third-party components that allow viewing and editing Word files on the web page. Also take a look at the similar thread which discusses the same question.

The current forum is for Microsoft Office specific programming questions. I'd suggest asking asp.net specific questions on the asp.net/forums web site instead.

Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:57 PM
  • As advised by Eugene, here you go asp.net forum

Fouad Roumieh

Saturday, May 2, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Hi Rajesh, if you want a third-party component, I have one to recommand. It called ACEOFFIX specified in online editing. It works like embed a MS Word form into a web page with some simple code which you can find on their official webstie. So that, user can open Word on pages, editing or saving directly without downloading and uploading.It's good and convenient. I hope this will be helpful.

Friday, May 22, 2015 3:01 AM