Backup fails - Cannot connect to the Windows Server Computer Backup Provider Service RRS feed

• Question

• At some point my laptop (Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit) lost the ability to backup to the server. I get the error message :

Cannot connect to the Windows Server Computer Backup Provider Service

But when I check the service Windows Server Client Computer Backup Provider Service, the status is "Started" and the Startup type is "automatic". I'm pretty sure it is not a network issue, because I'm able to access the shared server folders without any problem. The launchpad itself appears connected and does not show any error (except that it reports it's unable to show alerts, each time when I start the laptop).

On my desktop the backup works without any problem.

Any idea what I could try ?

Saturday, September 8, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

• Restore your laptop from a time when it was working?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, September 14, 2012 8:23 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 7:36 PM

All replies

• It might sound a strange suggestion, but try a Chkdsk /F on your Client.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:26 PM
  • Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help. I performed check disk on the PC, it does not help however.

Also tried the usual connnector uninstall/reinstall, did not change anything either.

Sunday, September 9, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Restore your laptop from a time when it was working?

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, September 14, 2012 8:23 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 7:36 PM
  • I did this (restored a backup) and it works now. Thanks Phil. Though I Wonder what's gonna be the next issue with this unruly connector...
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:50 PM