Report Printing Only One Record RRS feed

• Question

• I know this one's a simple oversight.

I have a custom report that only prints one record, whether I tell it to print the entire view, selected records, or all on the page.  This report was upgraded from 3 to 4.  What have I missed?

Thanks!

Susan

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hi, Could you try

SELECT     firstname, lastname, address1_stateorprovince, address1_postalcode, address1_line1, address1_city
    FROM         FilteredContact CRMAF_FilteredContact

=First(Fields!fullname.Value)

If you use this, it will show only the first record in the recordset. You should use =
    Fields!fullname.Value

You need to drag the field into a repeating table (under the data section), not header etc.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Friday, October 17, 2008 9:58 PM

All replies

• so it's not printing what you see on the screen with the report?  or the report is not gathering the desired data?

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:56 AM
  • Not gathering desired data.  I checked and changed the default filter, but that's not it.

Friday, October 17, 2008 2:59 AM
  • are you confident there is data to show?  maybe it's a data issue with the conversion?

Friday, October 17, 2008 3:04 AM
  • HI SSE,

Could you post the SQL?

Cheers,

Karlo
    Friday, October 17, 2008 7:06 AM
  • We have a variety of custom entities deployed, and if I am running a report on selected Activities (or all) from the Activity view (4.0 Web Client), it will not show activities associated with the custom entities. I have not really explored it further, but I am sure their must be an answer.

TB

Friday, October 17, 2008 3:56 PM
  • Here's the Query:

SELECT     firstname, lastname, address1_stateorprovince, address1_postalcode, address1_line1, address1_city
    FROM         FilteredContact AS CRMAF_FilteredContact

It's simply an envelope.  (Reports are easier than mail merges.)

Is this what you need?

Friday, October 17, 2008 4:25 PM
  • You may not have enough depth in your permissions for Contacts.  User level would only show you contacts you own.  The query is simple enough, with no additional qualifiers, so it should be pulling all contacts you have rights to read.

TB

Friday, October 17, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Thank you all for your input.  I'm logged in as a System Administrator, so there shouldn't be security issues.  Just in case, I assigned a test group of records to me, and created a view of those records.  I verified that all of the fields used in the report were populated in these records. The envelope will print for each record individually.  I have recreated the report from scratch in V4 today and have the same problem, so I know I'm doing something basic incorrectly in the report creation.

To create my dataset, I am using FilteredContacts with an alias of CRMAF_FilteredContacts.  When I select fields for the report, it always defaults to, for example, =First(Fields!fullname.Value)

I remove First from the expression.

Perhaps this is a hint for someone...

Susan

Friday, October 17, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Hi, Could you try

FROM         FilteredContact CRMAF_FilteredContact

=First(Fields!fullname.Value)

If you use this, it will show only the first record in the recordset. You should use =
    Fields!fullname.Value

You need to drag the field into a repeating table (under the data section), not header etc.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Friday, October 17, 2008 9:58 PM