Glitches in Money UK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Version 14.0.120.1105

Windows 7.

Has been fine for years, but has developed black 'blocks' over certain points in the software e.g. column headers, on transaction status when reconciling accounts... Can anything be done, or Money dying on me?

Please redevelop it MS! There are NO decent alternatives in the UK, I just cannot understand the gap in the market.

:(

John

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:50 PM

All replies

• I don't know.

You could try a different video driver.

You might also try a different screen resolution as a troubleshooting aid. If that brought improvement, I might look harder for  a different video driver or even a different video board.

I think Money will run in safe mode on Windows 7. That would be another test. Safe mode uses different drivers.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM
  • hummm, couldn't run it in safe mode. Maybe with a different video driver would work, but not sure where to start with that.

If only MS would release a new version!

Cheers though

John

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:49 PM
  • I think that Cal's suggestion that your video driver may be the culprit is a good one.  By any chance do you have Windows set to automatic updates?  Was there maybe an update to your video driver in the latest "patch Tuesday" set of updates?

Bill Becker

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:35 PM
  • I do, I've installed the lasted drivers for the card too (HIS 7850) and it's the same. It's not end of the world, just a bit annoying.

John

Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:37 PM
  • I presume you are running "AMD Catalyst". Perhaps you can turn down the controls to dumb things down. Turn off accelerations. Turn off triple buffering. Turn off whatever.

Reboot and see if that cures things. If it does, restore the controls that don't cause a problem.

Sorry about the safe mode not working with Money. You could alternatively try a "clean boot": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:17 PM