Recertification specifics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

So apologies if I've overlooked a question of this nature being asked before, but I just wanted to clarify some specifics of recertifying.

Hilariously, I've been doing an MCSE Server Infrastructure in infrequent parts now, and I've just been on a course for the final exam in my MCSE (70-414), and am looking to complete the exam in early January. I noticed on my transcript that I did my first exam in this series in January 2013 (!).

So I got to wondering how the three year expiration might affect me? If I do the 414 in January, will I be an MCSE for a few days, then lose it when the 410 expires? Or does the progression of exams mean the MCSE is valid from the latest Exam, I.e. I have 3 years from next January if I pass the exam?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:55 AM

Answers

• The three years recertification period counts from the time that you receive your MCSE, i.e., whenever you complete your LAST exam. Any exams that you took previously do not count towards that expiration date; as long as they do not get retired you can use them towards any certification that uses them (one exam can be counted as credit for several different certifications), and it won't influence the recertification period for said certification..
    • Marked as answer by SkipSkipolski Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:26 AM

All replies

• The three years recertification period counts from the time that you receive your MCSE, i.e., whenever you complete your LAST exam. Any exams that you took previously do not count towards that expiration date; as long as they do not get retired you can use them towards any certification that uses them (one exam can be counted as credit for several different certifications), and it won't influence the recertification period for said certification..
    • Marked as answer by SkipSkipolski Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:26 AM
  • Ah, good to know.

Thanks for your help Alberto - much appreciated.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:26 AM