none
Top answerer list still wrong RRS feed

• General discussion

• I assume you already know this, just a post in case you don't.  The new top answerer list is still wildly inaccurate.  Although it say "last 30 days", it includes contributors that haven't been around these forums for a long, long time.

It's pretty weird, how could a simple dbase query like that be bugged?  Just curious, we had to second-guess stuff at the old forum site all the time too.

Hans Passant.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:24 PM

All replies

• So the Top Answerer list consumes resources, is annoying, and is wrong anyway?

Why do we really need this thing? Why not just have this information available on an enhanced Browse Users page?

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, July 4, 2008 1:53 PM
  • I think that it should stay there, for recognition purposes, but the accuracy should probably be improved. I also don't understand why it cycles through top MVPs - top Microsoft Employees - and Top Answers. That is unnecessary. A complete list should be available somewhere, but not on the front page - only the Top Answers should stay (like before).

And because some of the forums are underused most of the time, how about maybe combining the Top Answers for all the forums and cycling through them.

For example:

Top Answers - Expression Studio.

Top Answers - Expression Media.

etc., etc., etc.

Or maybe consolidate it onto one general list.

-Just suggestions.

-O.B.

Take a chance. Prepare to be surprised.
    Saturday, July 5, 2008 3:27 AM