none
Reg domain trust relationship in AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have two domain DOMAIN1 & DOMAIN2 where one way trust relationship is established from DOMAIN1 to DOMAIN2.  Now i created a user ABC in DOMAIN1and created a AD group GROUP1 in DOMAIN2 and added the user ABC in to the group GROUP1. Now i used the LDAP url for DOMAIN2 to search for users in GROUP1 through C# code. i am getting all the users except user ABC. 

If one way trust is established then we should get the user but i dont know why i am not getting the user ABC. 

Can anyone hlpe me on this.

Regards,
    Mani.
    • Moved by eryang Friday, September 4, 2009 5:59 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:08 PM

All replies

• This is not a trust issue, at least, it doesn't appear to be so. Make sure you have ABC added to group 1 by using adsiedit.msc or some similar tool. If you are convinced that the user is in the right group, post some code...
    Monday, August 31, 2009 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post, but you can consider posting it at this forum  for quicker and better response.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Eric

Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

sorry for the late reply. Here is the code which i use to get the members of group1.            

DirectoryEntry entry = new DirectoryEntry("LDAP://Domain2/DC=Domain2", null, null, AuthenticationTypes.Secure);
    DirectorySearcher search = new DirectorySearcher(entry);
    search.Filter = String.Format("(cn={0})", "group1");
    search.PropertiesToLoad.Add("members");
    SearchResult result = search.FindOne();
    DirectoryEntry entry2 = new DirectoryEntry(result.Path, null, null, AuthenticationTypes.Secure);

when i looped through all the entries in entry2.Properties["member"] it retreives all the members except the user "ABC".

is that i need to add any more code to it.

If you need further clarification pls let me know.

Cheers :)
    Mani.

Monday, September 28, 2009 9:28 PM