Performance issue without visual studio installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a performance issue when deploying my application on a computer with no visual studio installed on it.

Let me explain:

My application consist of a core developed in C++ and a IHM developed in C#, both using Visual studio 10 IDE. The core is physically connected to a test bench using a link Arinc429 and an USB A429 board.

The application setup is generated with Visual Studio.

When I deploy my application on a dev computer, with Visual Studio 10 pre install on it, all works good.

But if I deploy my application on a test computer, without Visual Studio (only redistribuable), the performance seems to be affected. The communication through the Arinc429 link takes more time, and messages are rejected by the test bench.

The problem is found on Windows Xp and Windows 7.

My question is about the impact of Visual Studio installation on a computer in terms of performance. Maybe this installation updates some system DLL (msvcp or others)?

thanks.

• Moved by Barry Wang Friday, February 20, 2015 4:48 AM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hello jsilobre,

My question is about the impact of Visual Studio installation on a computer in terms of performance. Maybe this installation updates some system DLL (msvcp or others)?

It is hard to say what DLL will be updated by Visual Studio, it depends on your dll version and the dll version in your VS 10. You need to troubleshoot this performance issue first.

For example, you need to check whether the performance issue persist on another new machine. You may also need to consult on your project related forum to know which dll or Windows Update caused your problem. 

Anyway, this forum is about Visual Studio Setup, install/uninstall Visual Studio. If you do not have any problem related to Visual Studio Setup, then this forum is not the right forum . Please check which application(C++ or C# app) is rasing this performance and choose the right forum: C# or C++ forum.

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:47 AM