none
Synchronizing Viewed RSS feeds RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to synchronize the RSS feeds that I have read on my desktop with my laptop. I know how to move the feeds from one computer to another but when I move to my laptop it shows MANY feeds that haven't been read because I don't use that computer every day. How can I synchronize those that are read on my desktop with the laptop? I think it is in the registry but not sure where.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:05 PM

All replies

• Do you mean you want to sync the feeds which you have read through SyncToy, but not un-read? If yes, I think synctoy itself dose not have such feature to identify if the feed is read or not. But if you can use other way to put read and un-read one into different folder then only create folder pairs only sync the read one. Hope this could be helpful for your problem. Thanks, Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:44 AM
  • I use the RSS reader in IE (currently using version 8). I have the feeds updated automatically every day. The ones that are new/unread are bold the ones that haven't changed are a regular font. There must me a file in the registry that keeps track of which feeds have been read and which ones haven't. I just don't know which one.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:41 AM
  • I have no idea about the registry things.
    But even you got that entry, I don't think Synctoy can help to identify if the one is read or not, except the way I suggested to you.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Ping Lu Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:17 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:16 AM
  • I use the RSS reader in IE (currently using version 8). I have the feeds updated automatically every day. The ones that are new/unread are bold the ones that haven't changed are a regular font. There must me a file in the registry that keeps track of which feeds have been read and which ones haven't. I just don't know which one.

It seems IE8 feeds and contents hold in a file in path “C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds”, it’s a Vista path, in XP/Win2k3, should be replace “Users” to “Documents and Settings”.

You may take a try to sync this folder between you desktop and laptop. Note that no guarantee it can be work as well, please backup this folder before you do any sync.

Any progress please let us know.

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming L Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:48 AM