Trying to buy a new oem activation key RRS feed

• Question

• Im building a frankenstien pc and I wanted to buy an additional key and the cd I have is oem,( I build my own pc's so no it was not made by a large retailer_. Anyways when I try to buy the additional key it send me to the why I should buy windows 7. I apologize but I am simply to tired at the moment to explain other than to say I just want to put vista on this build. Am I going to litterally have to call microsfot now, as there is from what I can see no transparency  nor ability to purchase this key online. its an oem sp1 cd ontop of all of that so its been a weekend of hair loss for me. Ill be back in a few hrs after ive had some sleep, if this post doesnt make any sense relax Ill be back in a few hrs to speak plainly.   
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Answers

• "SFX412" wrote in message news:c3aaaef4-7978-4acd-80a7-e7a983d0947f...
    Im building a frankenstien pc and I wanted to buy an additional key and the cd I have is oem,( I build my own pc's so no it was not made by a large retailer_. Anyways when I try to buy the additional key it send me to the why I should buy windows 7. I apologize but I am simply to tired at the moment to explain other than to say I just want to put vista on this build. Am I going to litterally have to call microsfot now, as there is from what I can see no transparency  nor ability to purchase this key online. its an oem sp1 cd ontop of all of that so its been a weekend of hair loss for me. Ill be back in a few hrs after ive had some sleep, if this post doesnt make any sense relax Ill be back in a few hrs to speak plainly.   

MS no longer sells copies of Vista - if you want Vista OEM, you'll have to buy remaindered stock from a reputable dealer.
    According to licensing rules, it is not allowed for anyone to sell Windows Keys on their own without accompanying disks (or in the case of MS alone - by download through Digital River).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:13 AM

All replies

• "SFX412" wrote in message news:c3aaaef4-7978-4acd-80a7-e7a983d0947f...
    Im building a frankenstien pc and I wanted to buy an additional key and the cd I have is oem,( I build my own pc's so no it was not made by a large retailer_. Anyways when I try to buy the additional key it send me to the why I should buy windows 7. I apologize but I am simply to tired at the moment to explain other than to say I just want to put vista on this build. Am I going to litterally have to call microsfot now, as there is from what I can see no transparency  nor ability to purchase this key online. its an oem sp1 cd ontop of all of that so its been a weekend of hair loss for me. Ill be back in a few hrs after ive had some sleep, if this post doesnt make any sense relax Ill be back in a few hrs to speak plainly.   

MS no longer sells copies of Vista - if you want Vista OEM, you'll have to buy remaindered stock from a reputable dealer.
    According to licensing rules, it is not allowed for anyone to sell Windows Keys on their own without accompanying disks (or in the case of MS alone - by download through Digital River).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:13 AM
  •  The Microsoft store (mantained by Digital River) does not sell Windows Vista.  As Noel has stated, the only place to purchase Windows Vista is thru a reputable retailer.

Note: Any internet retailer that tries to sell you just a Key for Vista (or a key and a digital download of the Vista software), is not selling you a Genuine copy of Windows. No retailer is currently authorized to sell Winodows in that fashion (aside from Microsoft thru Digital River).

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:47 PM
  • You might want to go to the Micrsoft website. Look at the first product page under Vista where you'll find the following line (as of 9/17/2010):

The future of Windows Vista
    We are still selling Windows Vista and will continue to provide support for it.

Doesn't match what you said.

Monday, September 20, 2010 2:07 AM