Network Health is Critical alert RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know how to disable this alert?

About a week ago I disabled Automatic Updates on my new Vista laptop and according to Microsoft, this constitutes a CRITICAL situation. I can update manually and do not see how someone could have thought this was a good way to configure default settings for WHS.

Is there a setting I've overlooked or a known registry tweak?

TIA

V
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:43 PM

Answers

• You could also select to ignore the particular alert by toggling the check box in the alert details in the console.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by vtwin_man Friday, September 19, 2008 3:22 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:56 PM

All replies

• To turn the icon green again (and ignore any errors), right-click the WHS icon and disable the option "Display Network Health Notifications".
    • Proposed as answer by sh1ft3rdotcom Monday, September 15, 2008 4:46 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:46 AM
  • Thanks visualechodesigns

I was hoping for something more granular like the "Choose the way Windows alerts me" link for the Security Center in XP.
    I can't say I'm surprised though if this is the only solution...just another MS disappointment.

Thanks again,

V
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:54 AM
  • You could also select to ignore the particular alert by toggling the check box in the alert details in the console.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by vtwin_man Friday, September 19, 2008 3:22 AM
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:56 PM
  • Since Windows Home Server is targeted primarily at users with less technical knowledge, there's probably an expectation that they won't be turning off automatic updates. In that scenario, having AU shut down suddenly could be an indication of malware.

That said, I suspect that Windows Home Server is only responding to an alert from Vista, but if you think that WHS could handle this better, could you please file a product suggestion on Connect
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:30 PM
  • Thank you for the responses.

Olaf was right and I stand corrected. I swear I clicked the "Network Critical" button in the console several times looking for a way to disable that alert but never saw a check box until today when he prompted me back in there. Strange but, I haven't been getting enough sleep either.

I believe you are also correct Ken. But nothing to input as it was an oversight on my part.

Thanks guys
    Friday, September 19, 2008 3:20 AM