Cannot access servername/connect RRS feed

• Question

• If i try to go to http://servername/connect on a client PC all i get is page cannot be displayed and its trying to connect via port 65510. I have tried it on 2 machines and both do the same even if i turn off the firewall. can anyone help 

PBAKER

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

• All machines on the same sub-net? Can you ping both ways? What happens if you use your Server IP address instead on "servername"? Have you re-booted your router recently?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:49 AM
  • try typing the IP address/connect

example:

192.168.1.253/connect

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:19 PM
  • try typing the IP address/connect

example:

192.168.1.253/connect

Isn't that what I just suggested?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:57 PM
  • i will try these suggestions regarding pinging etc when im home, i have already tried the server ip/connect but no luck and its on a static ip and the same subnet.

PBAKER

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:00 PM
  • hi peeps

i have tried the following which i belive was your suggestions and non of them have worked.

1. rebooted router

2. ping server to client- pings fine

3. ping client to server - pings fine

i have also done a pathping and its seeing the home server. So what else could i look for in trying to resolve this.

PBAKER

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Yes it is, sorry I didn't read your full reply.. I get caught up in numbers and url's didn't notice "servername" vs IP address.. ;)
    Friday, March 30, 2012 2:46 PM
  • It shouldn't matter but which browser are you using - try IE.

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:08 PM
  •  hi ya

i have tried iE, chrome, firefox and Safari and all do the same. 

PBAKER

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:14 PM