Product Key now working RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought it from Staples in Toronto

I followed the instruction to install OneCare, and go through all the steps.
    But I'm now stucked with the product key subscription with my LiveID

When I tried to enter the product key, it resulted with the following message

"The prepaid subscription product key provided is incorrect. Please type the prepaid subscription product key exactly as shown on your card."

I've double checked many times, and have 2 other people to check for me. But it still not working.

What can I do?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:53 PM

Answers

• It's recommended that you try to replace any 8's with B's and check to make sure that you notice any J's that are in the key, as they sometimes look like i's.

If nothing works, you guys can open an email support incident, and maybe take a digital camera picture of your product key (or use a scanner) and send it to the email support technicians and they will be able to help you identify the correct key.

I hope this helps

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:57 AM

All replies

• ican not get my product key to work i am unsure of some of the charactures

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:40 PM
  • It's recommended that you try to replace any 8's with B's and check to make sure that you notice any J's that are in the key, as they sometimes look like i's.

If nothing works, you guys can open an email support incident, and maybe take a digital camera picture of your product key (or use a scanner) and send it to the email support technicians and they will be able to help you identify the correct key.

I hope this helps

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:57 AM
  • I'll also add to Kevin's response that I often use a magnifying glass to read the key as the font can be difficult to discern in some cases.

If you need to contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:19 PM