Received Emails mutiple recipients RRS feed

• Question

• 

After sending an email from Outlook to a CRM email address that is linked to mutiple records (Persons, Users, Queues) then the Email Router creates a new Email Activity as "Received" and populate the "To" with all the records having the same email address.

Please check the below example (note that the data are not valid, they are just for the example)

- Person "P1" having X@email.com

- User "U1" having X@email.com

- Queue "Q1" having X@email.com

I sent an email from Outlook to User "U1" (X@email.com), then in CRM a Received Email will be created having the "To" populated with P1, U1 & Q1. This is confusing because there is no way to know for whom the Email is sent.

Is there any way to track correctly the "To" noting that I am using CRM 2011 on Premises and not CRM for Outlook?

Monday, February 24, 2014 10:03 AM

Answers

• I fixed it using a custom activity in a workflow which runs when an email is created. This workflow reopens the email and updates the recipients to include only Users and Queues.

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:12 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:12 AM

All replies

• How would you imagine the CRM system might guess which record is the correct one?

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:25 PM
  • 

Thank you Adam.

However, the Received Emails in CRM are only for CRM Users or Queues, at least the CRM System should populate these two types of entities.

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:11 PM
  • I fixed it using a custom activity in a workflow which runs when an email is created. This workflow reopens the email and updates the recipients to include only Users and Queues.

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:12 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:12 AM