Delete plan without delete its workspace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all!

I had look over the internet but unfortunately I still haven't found the solution I'm looking for.

I'm using Project Server 2007 with SP2 and April's CU.

I need to delete a plan without deleting its workspace but even when I do not select the "Delete the associated Windows SharePoint Services sites" option it still disappears.

One of the solutions I've found is to delete the plan and its workspace, import a new plan to enterprise and edit the url of the new workspace by pasting the url of the deleted workspace. This will restore the previous workspace but also create a new plan, unnecessary.

Can you please help? Thanks a lot in advance!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:10 PM

Answers

• Workspaces are in content db of that web application and you can access workspaces even after deleting the project plan (if "Delete the associated Windows SharePoint Services sites" option is uncheck while deleting the project plan)

If you don't remember the workspace Url then you can check

Project Web Access > Site Actions >>Site Settings > Sites and Workspaces  (Sites which are present in content db for that site collection )

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 7:03 PM

All replies

• The workspace may not show up in the workspace webpart, but it should still
    be around. Try the URL and see if you can still hit it.

You may wish to consider an alternate navigation method to get to that site,
    perhaps a list or directory or something.

- Andrew Lavinsky

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:08 PM
  • Workspaces are in content db of that web application and you can access workspaces even after deleting the project plan (if "Delete the associated Windows SharePoint Services sites" option is uncheck while deleting the project plan)

If you don't remember the workspace Url then you can check

Project Web Access > Site Actions >>Site Settings > Sites and Workspaces  (Sites which are present in content db for that site collection )

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 7:03 PM