none
FF3 continues loading because of webtrends.com or 207.net RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday and today (and and intermittent times in the past) the forum pages never stop loading (FF 3, using NoScript but allowing microsoft.com). The status bar message says "transfering data from m.webtrends.com" although sometimes its the 207.net address. The paghe works and updates, it just keeps saying its loading.

IE 6 works fine, however.

Anyone else notice this intermittant behavour (its happening right now at 6/17 9:25 AM EST)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tried it FF 3 and IE 7. Calls to web trends and 207 address are being made but I don't see any lag, delay or loading messages in the browser. Probably some network connectivity issue in our front end servers this morning. I don't see it now though.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:55 PM
  • I still see it. But i'll chalk it up to my plugins unless oemone else confirms.

Thanx for checking.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:28 PM
  • OK, this seems to only happen on a reload. Clicking unread/read removes it.

Works fine in IE6.

FF3 Go to forum and hit [F5].

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:37 PM
  • I've seen this behavior all the way back to Forums 3.0.  It was always intermittent, never looked what site was holding on to the connection.  Yes, lately I've seen webtrends on the status bar.

Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Shouldn't cause any issues around Forums functionality. Web Trends and 207.net calls are made to gather metrics data. From my end (even from home), I get intermittent issues but very often.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:14 PM
  • True. Functionality is still there. It's just annoying to have the loading image keep moving. I've gotten around that now by using read/unread instead of an [F5] refresh.

The question is, why does this happen specifically on a reload.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:32 PM
  • I'm actually going to ping our team here since I'm seeing more 207 calls. Page reload shouldn't call the same calls unless it's a full page load.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:35 PM
  • It is actually a real problem.  Several commands are not functional until the page has fully loaded and the Javascript is done initializing the page.  For example, the Reply button opens a barely functional HTML editor on another page when you click it too soon.  Guessing when the page load is completely can be difficult, especially when it never visibly finishes loading.  Some days are worse than others.

Hans Passant.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:27 PM