connection problem between one care circle pc's RRS feed

• Question

• My hub pc is alerting me that it is having connection problems between it and the other pc (laptop) in my one care circle.

When I click onthe help tab on my hub pc (desktop), a security window opens warning mean of potential security risks if I should proceed. When I click to proceed I get "internet page cannot be displayed". I get this anytime I click on the help tab on the hub (desktop) pc. Clicking on the help tab on the laptop pc works fine.

So I have two problems.

- why I am I getting the connection problem warning

-why am I getting the security warning and no access tohelp page on desktop

Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• It sounds like your desktop PC IE security settings have somehow gotten locked down to maximum security. What are the settings in IE for the Internet Zone?

-steve

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:06 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thamks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner. Anyways, I checked IE security and it was set to medium-high. I set it to medium and still had the same issue.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 9:25 PM
  • No problems with the delayed reply. I recommend contacting support for help with this since the IE settings appear to be okay. 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:26 PM