70-443 Exam - Designing a Database Server Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have completed the prep classes for this exam (2786,2787, and 2788). I also purchased the Self-Paced Training Kit. Due to all these resources I have solid "book" knowledge on the subject but I don't have a lot of hands on practice. I have two questions for those who have already taken this exam:

1) Are there any simulation questions on the actual test? If so, can you give me some idea on what topics.
    2) Are there any practice simulation questions anywhere that I can download?

I would appreciate any input.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:30 PM

Answers

• I can't speak for the 443 by itself as I took the 447 Upgrade exam, which is basically 443 and 444 together. I also took this exam a couple of years ago now, but I doubt simulations are included in this exam as the previous poster pointed out.

As for practice exams I would look at SelfTest Software or MEasuerUp. I used MeasureUp when I was practicing for this exam, but lately have personally started to recommend SelfTest over them. Good luck on the exam.

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Proposed as answer by .revEditor Sunday, June 8, 2008 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:02 PM
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 9:45 AM
    Answerer

All replies

•  Here is what I found out the exam is hard because it comes with 6 or 7 wordy long  case studies with either 52 or 56 questions, most people pass it the second time.  There are no similations but there is drag and drop.  The best practice test is Transcenders and now that Microsoft have ended the free second chance it may pay you to buy one.  I have not taken it because I have previous MCDBA so taking it is a choice.

An Elliptic curve is modular ~ Taniyama and Shimura
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 5:12 PM
  • I can't speak for the 443 by itself as I took the 447 Upgrade exam, which is basically 443 and 444 together. I also took this exam a couple of years ago now, but I doubt simulations are included in this exam as the previous poster pointed out.

As for practice exams I would look at SelfTest Software or MEasuerUp. I used MeasureUp when I was practicing for this exam, but lately have personally started to recommend SelfTest over them. Good luck on the exam.

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Proposed as answer by .revEditor Sunday, June 8, 2008 9:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:02 PM
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 9:45 AM
    Answerer