How to repair Multi-boot Windows PC (7 & 10 Preview & 10) RRS feed

• Question

• How can I fix multi-boot Windows System? I have seen this article, but it was not clear to me.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn605135.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  
    After Win 7 update, I no longer able to boot my system as dual-boot, and Win10Preview & win10 are gone from boot list.
    For windows 10, I have bootable USB drive, which I used to install windows 10 in F drive before. Right now I can only boot up as Windows 7 and no longer able to boot from either 10 preview or windows 10.

Since it has multiple Windows OS system, how one knows which drive to look. I have 3 Windows OS 7, 10Preview, and 10 in C drive separately in each partition and when Multi-boot is working correctly each selected OS drive became C drive.  
    Originally Win 7 was in C drive, Win10Preview in E: and Win10 in F: All in NTFS formats same internal drive.

Drive info from Disk Management: Drive 0  Basic
    Drive 0  Basic 298.09GB  System Reserved 100 MB NTFS: C: 165.51 GB NTFS  Healthy (Boot, Page file Crash Dump, Primary Partition) E: 67.50GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition) and F: 64.98 GB NTFS Healthy (Primary Partition)

• Edited by prezmo Monday, January 9, 2017 6:57 AM
    • Moved by Bob Ding Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:10 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried "EasyBCD" (Non-commercial is free)?

It's one of recovery tools for Master Boot Record.
         The above is my case: dual-boot Windows 8.1 + Windows 10

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Monday, January 9, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at answers forum.
    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 9, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Thank you <g class="gr_ gr_17 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="17" id="17">Ashidacchi</g>.  Will look into that. 
    • Edited by prezmo Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:37 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 10:27 PM
  • Sorry for that. Your link Answers jump me to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us
    I do not see forum name as Answers there. 

Monday, January 9, 2017 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

Answer forum is our collective name for Microsoft Community, it is a free community and discussion forum for asking and answering questions about using your Microsoft products.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:12 AM