Forecast thesis application.. Help! RRS feed

• Question

• I´m starting my thesis project related with forecasts, but I need help getting started in Visual Studio 2008.
    The issue that I have is that in order to produce forecasts the application needs to extract data from 3 or 4 web pages (macro economical indicators, consumption indicators, etc...). I have worked before retrieving data from databases, but never directly from the Internet.

I think I would have to use Visual Studio tools for Office to extract the data. Maybe passing it first to Excel or directly from Internet Explorer. The application has to be very flexible since data updates monthly and it´s necessary to keep data base up to date.

I definitely don´t know what to use to retrieve the data and I´m sure you can guide me somehow!!!

Here is an example of one of the sources:

Ex 1)
    http://www.ine.gov.ve/consumo/consumo.asp?Ano=2007 &R_Desde=1&R_Hasta=1&productos=1

Thanks for any help!
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:45 PM not VSTO-related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Monday, August 24, 2009 7:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• As the current state of your project has nothing directly to do with VSTO I'm movng your question to the "Where is the forum for..." forum for re-direction. For more information about what VSTO is, read the forum's Please Read First message.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:34 PM
  • Thank for your help... based on  your experience, any starting point  for my project? or which forum to be posted? I don´t want to leave it floating in a forum with no answers.

Thank you  again!!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:49 PM
  • Try a different VS forum on MSDN.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:17 AM