Need option to turn off phishing filter warnings RRS feed

• General discussion

• It's annoying to be constantly reminded to turn on the phishing filter.  I will not use it,  and

believe it to be an ill-conceived idea and an amateurish execution of a useless process. 

That said, Microsoft has the right to offer it if they feel it is valuable in their marketing efforts.  However, they don't have the right to shove it down my throat with the attitude that they know what's best for me. 

If there is not an option to turn off the phishing filter warnings by the time my renewal date arrives, I will not be renewing my subscription.  I'm sure that has someone worried

Friday, May 9, 2008 2:19 PM

All replies

• Goodbye! Hope you find something you like.

The Phishing Filter is designed to protect you from known bad web sites, and disabling it is against the very principals that OneCare is designed to uphold. I can guarantee you this won't change and they really don't care if you choose something else to protect you, only that you use something.

OneCare is designed as complete protection for the non-technical home and SOHO user, so it's not going to be suited to everyone. If you've outgrown it and truly understand the technical implications of your choices, you may have a valid reason for choosing something else. If you don't, well, you're only going to fool yourself.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:33 AM

• Sorry, I agree with j1mdavis.

Goodbye, OneCare.  IE's Phishing Filter is nothing but Microsoft packaged SpyWare.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:28 AM
  •  Gordon Bell wrote:
      IE's Phishing Filter is nothing but Microsoft packaged SpyWare.

And you know this to be true because?

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:51 AM