locked
Plug-In Created Appointments not Synchronising with Exchange/Outlook RRS feed

  • Question

  • Using CRM2013 we have developed a Plug-In to create an appointment off the back of an Opportunity record.

    Initially we created the appointment record via the "Entity" namespace and "Create" method. But we then noticed that appointments created by the Plug-In were not being synchronised with Exchange/Outlook. Where manually created appointments were.

    Having looked at the SDK we decided to change our code to use the "BookRequest" and "BookResponse" messages, believing that these methods have more processes attached than a simple create message. However this has not changed the behaviour the Plug-In created appointments are still not being synchronised with Exchange/Outlook.

    On further investigation we have noticed that Plug-In created appointments have a status code of "Open" where as the manually created ones have a status code of "Scheduled".

    Only "Scheduled" based appointments are being synchronised with Exchange/Outlook.

    What are we missing here? Why are Plug-In based appointments not becoming scheduled and Syncronising with Exchange/Outlook.

    Any advice or comments greatfully received

    Steve

    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 11:33 AM

Answers

  • I think this is just that the default statecode is Open, which is what will be set if you create the appointment from code, but I think the CRM UI may explicitly change the statecode to Scheduled.

    So, I think all you need do is change the plugin code so that you change the statecode of the appointment after you create it, using a SetStateRequest


    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by lemonje Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:41 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 7:26 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I think this is just that the default statecode is Open, which is what will be set if you create the appointment from code, but I think the CRM UI may explicitly change the statecode to Scheduled.

    So, I think all you need do is change the plugin code so that you change the statecode of the appointment after you create it, using a SetStateRequest


    Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

    • Marked as answer by lemonje Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:41 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 7:26 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks David,

    I assumed that was the case, it just threw me that the code and UI were doing different things.
    Cheers

    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:40 PM