Cannot get correct Product Key to register. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had to reinstall windows on a new drive due to a drive crash.  I also lost the on board NIC. Installed a new hard drive and NIC. Mounted the old C drive to E.

I had to install using a borrowed copy of XP because I do not have the original disks.  THe machine is a Compaq that came with XP preloaded. I reinstalled Windows less than a year ago and I did not have any issues with this using the same product key.  I know the key is not pirated and it is a valid key.

Why does it not work!!!

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

• HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Obtaining a Recovery CD or DVD set

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07143
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:23 PM
  • flipperdog,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. Please contact the computer manufacturer that Carey provided above as recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity. 

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:30 PM

All replies

• Also, i verified the key by loading the old hive.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:38 PM
  • HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Obtaining a Recovery CD or DVD set

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07143
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 5:23 PM
  • flipperdog,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. Please contact the computer manufacturer that Carey provided above as recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer. They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions. Since the telephone number and web sites are not maintained by Microsoft we cannot make any warranty as to their validity. 

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:30 PM